Recently during my quiet time, while meditating on the Lord, I decided to play the sound of ocean waves lapping up against the shore. As I listened to the soothing sound of the waves gently sweeping against the shore’s edge, it reminded me of a beach holiday, where hearing the waves against the shore, I felt an overwhelming compulsion to (at the very least) dip my toes in the cool, refreshing water.
As I continued listening to the sound of the ocean waves, I sensed the Lord say to me, “just as you felt compelled to dip your feet in the physical water. The way you are beginning to seek new and fresh ways of spending time with me, is a spiritual dipping of your spirit into My Spirit, to experience My holy presence wash over your life”.
I wonder, are you ready to dip into the Lord’s presence and experience him in a new way? How about considering these seven steps to revitalize your quiet time with the Lord?
- If you haven’t already, make a commitment to spend quality time with God daily
- Schedule a specific time in your day to spend with the Lord (physically put it on your calendar like any other appointment you have scheduled).
- Select a ‘special’ place to meet with the Lord each day. Somewhere quiet and free from distractions.
- Plan how you are going to spend your time with the Lord. (E.g. A time of preparing your heart by reading a devotional for example; a time of reading/studying God’s word and a time in prayer and reflection on what he is saying to you)
- Use devotionals
- Journal/write down what you hear God speaking to your spirit
- Use Christian music to inspire worship